Author Topic: 480 free keeps banner notification up  (Read 2293 times)

Fishoow

• Fiedler Audio User
    • View Profile
480 free keeps banner notification up
« on: January 22, 2015, 02:38:55 AM »
Hello,

I downloaded AD480 free and liked it. Downloaded standard trial and LOVED it (thought it was brilliant) and would buy it but it keeps a banner notification at the top of my iPhone5s. I assume this means it's always running and taking up resources. If this was fixed I would purchase. It fixes a problem I had switching between presets in Alchemy (RIP).
Is this fixable? Anyone else have this problem?

Thomas Fiedler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 480 free keeps banner notification up
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 10:56:18 PM »
Hi Fishoow,

if you are talking about the red banner on the top of the screen which says that the AD 480 is recording, do not worry about this. When an app has access to the iDevices recording facility, which could be the internal mic or an input of an audio interface, this red banner is shown by iOS in case the app has primary access to the audio system. If the app is in background and no audio is processed it does not use up more resources than any other app in the background. Generally it is recommended to terminate (not just send to background) any app not in use.

So the behaviour is standard for audio recording enabled apps. Nothing to worry.

Cheers

Thomas

Fishoow

• Fiedler Audio User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 03:42:41 AM »
Yes, indeed the red banner. Thank you for helping me with something I had sitting far back in my mind which was for a while. I took it for granted that all programs just slept in the background until you wanted them. I did not know that you could kill them. It's been a year that I've had this phone.
What confused me slightly is that Audiobus will keep the red banner up and keep other apps running even through a screen time-out until you unload all instruments and routings. Then, upon closing (apparently sending to the background) the banner will go away. When the banner didn't go away for the 480 I assume something was wrong.
Thanks for fixing two problems and I can't wait to include this app into the music I make every day at my work. The app truly does fix a transitioning issue I had between presets in Camel Audio Alchemy.

Cheers

JStuart

Thomas Fiedler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 09:12:25 AM »
Glad I could help.  :)